11.4.10

I don't know, but if cats could sing, they'd hate it, too..

The first thought I had this morning was: Everyone needs a cat. You may or may not agree with this statement. You may or may not be a dog person. I will tell you, though, there is nothing like having a pet that will jump up and give you some snuggles while shedding all over you, yet leave you alone most of the time. Especially when your dog only causes you injury. Mine has almost cracked my knee cap......or something. I only know that as I was trying to wrestle him down in the shower to rinse his mouth and face free FROM THE PAINT THAT HE HAD LAPPED LIKE IT WAS WATER, my knee slammed down on the hard floor...... and I couldn't put weight on it for almost a month. Today, I was outside taking him out for a potty stroll, talking to my dear Jenny (Shout out) on the phone, and Baxter took off at top speed, full run, and yanked the leash out of my hand. I can't even make a fist. Which means I can't shake one at him. Maybe he can read my mind and was resentful of the cat worship I was guilty of this morning..... I don't know.


Another point for the felines: if Baxter would just poop in a box like the rest of the animals in this house, I wouldn't have to take him outside. Cats are pets for the lazy...

If he wouldn't chew my house, he wouldn't have to stay in a kennel. If he wouldn't crush me, he could snuggle with me on the couch.... did I mention that he's six months old and the size of a small truck?   

Even as I sniffle my nose and try to wipe the cat fur off of it and hear a rustle of pop tart wrapper behind me (Lando, my black cat is playing with it), I think no wonder if you are going crazy, a cat is the best pet. I'm two cats away from being a Crazy Cat Lady myself. After the injuries I think the cat ladies actually have it all figured out. "Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee." He may be before it's all over.

2 comments: