9.4.10

Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those who transform into the Force.

"Death
is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those who transform into the
Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to
jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is.
" -Yoda

I can tell Death has been here when I keep finding post-it notes around the house... on the bathroom mirror, on the front door, over my bed. The notes are just his mocking reminders that He might come closer next time, take someone else I don't want to live without, and laugh at me in my misery.

I think about what Yoda said a lot, and I realize, that yeah... attachment is jealousy and jealousy is the shadow of greed... and that I am greedy. I don't want people to die... I don't want to live without them... because I want them in my life. How greedy is that?

After reading the Purpose Driven Life, I realized that Life = Soylent Green.

It's people.

It's you guys that fill my life with laughter and catch my tears with your shoulders. I appreciate that you understand me, and that is so, so hard for me to find.

I remember the first time I heard Stand By Me... and the first time I watched the movie for that matter, and I remember crying, as young as I was, because I already felt the profound impact that people would have in my life. When my sky tumbles and my mountains crumble, my friends are there.

And when I keep finding these post-it notes, it reminds me of how much I love my friends. I wonder if I tell you that as much as I should. Or even if the words I say actually convey the meaning from my heart... because I feel that in these circumstances, words really don't get my point across.

Yet here I am again... using them.

Anyway, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment