20.5.11

though we are worlds apart, like us, there's more to them than meets the eye

I  beginning to wonder if you ever truly know yourself. 


One of my goals in life is to not become a hoarder. I often watch the hoarding specials on TLC to remind myself. The irony is that I am sitting on the couch watching TV instead of up cleaning my hoarding piles. I have this thing about collecting. I'm not sure if you have ever seen the movie "Everything's Illuminated," but the main character is a collector of things. The difference is he is an OCD collector of things, so he collected in an organized way. I, however, filled my first apartment with stuff and only had to purchase a couch, chair, and kitchen items. The majority of those things were originally housed in my bedroom at my grandparent's house. Needless to say, it was NOT organized and quite difficult to clean my room. I still have stuff there, and my grandmother is constantly trying to send it home with me... i try not to take it because we are running out of room around this house.

Now that we have started couponing, it's a whole different ballgame of hoarding. I'm having to reorganize the kitchen cabinets to make room for food and snacks because we are saving up for dooms day. With unemployment skyrocketing in the salmon house, it's always good to be prepared with snacks, air freshener, and soft scrub. Call me if you need crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment