21.12.13

The best way to spread Christmas cheer is by singing loud for all to hear.

Merry almost Christmas. I hope that this little blog post finds you well :) I haven't had very much time to write the past few weeks because I have been working on ornaments for people. People that are actually paying me to do something creative and personal for them! It's like a dream come true. Seriously. If you are reading this, and you have ordered from me, I can't thank you enough.

It all started when my friend Rema decided she wanted to make her very own Days of our Lives Christmas tree. Apparently Days of our Lives has this thing every year where they add a painted ornament to the tree. Rema has been watching this soap since she was little, and for some reason she entrusted me to fulfill this life long dream for her. That's a lot of faith. She even financed the endeavor and bought supplies for me. All that faith was a lot of pressure, let me tell you. But she loved them, and shared them, and I have gotten more orders thanks to her great idea and love for Days of our Lives.

During my writing hiatus, I've had a lot of time to learn a few things about myself.

1. I don't know how to sip things. I have no concept of what a sip is. Unless sip means guzzle. I have this thing where I think I'm going to pour myself some egg nog and sip on it while I decorate the house for Christmas. In like three "sips" my mug of egg nog is gone. GONE. So, needless to say I've probably figured out where all this weight gain over the years has come from. The gallons of egg nog I guzzle at Christmas. Beer belly? Nog belly.

Which reminds me of an egg nog story. Last year on Christmas Eve I decided I had to have egg nog. Obviously because I had probably SIPPED all that we had in the house, and were out. So we went to Kroger. They were also out. Went to Walmart. Out. Walgreens, CVS, Kmart.... OUT. Everywhere. We were running out of time because stores were starting to close, and we had one tiny shred of hope left in the form of a little Piggly Wiggly. I called ahead out of desperation, and they had two half gallons left. In our whole town there was only one gallon total of egg nog. I sipped them right down.

2. Katy Perry's "Roar" makes me inexplicably cry. I'm a little embarrassed to admit this on several different levels. I just have to come to grips with the fact that I love this song, and I feel like it's empowering.

3. It's probably time to start believing in myself. My friends seem to believe in me. My friend Shelly was my first etsy customer :) so maybe it's time for me to add more stuff to the shop...maybe people really might like what I make :) Either way, they seem to like my ornaments! Thanks again everyone that I can now call my customers :) I'm not usually one to brag on my own work, but I can honestly say that the pictures do not do them justice. It's hard for me to get good pictures of ornaments because they reflect and bend the light so much. I'll have to live with what I've got. I'll post more soon. For now check out www.facebook.com/flounderingsalmon for more.





We're also on instagram @flounderingsalmon or #flounderingsalmon and pinterest!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, my friends :)

This week is about Jesusbirthday, eight days of oil, the attainment of nirvana, and black people being awesome." -Bert 'Trophy Wife'

No comments:

Post a Comment